This week two members of our household tested positive for Covid. Jeffrey and I have not developed symptoms or been tested but we are asking for prayer because I am high risk (diabetic and I’ve had lung issues for many years). We are asking for protection and healing.
I (Kathi) have eye surgery on November 8th with post-op appointments in October. We deeply desire to not have to postpone this surgery. I was a competitive swimmer for many years growing up and due to sun glare exposure my eyes have been damaged. This has caused me to develop cataracts at a younger age than most. The surgeon will be removing the cataracts and replacing my left lens with one that will clear my stigmatism and improve my distance sight. It has become harder and harder for me to drive or see clearly. As a writer, this surgery is important and we do not want to delay it.
Last, we have two weeks of travel coming up (beginning October 27th) and we need wisdom about whether to cancel it or continue moving forward in faith that we will be well and not develop the virus. One of our trips is very important to us.
We so appreciate all of our friends and prayer partners that stand with us and agree in prayer with us. Our heart is to have all of my mailings be sent to encourage you and lift you up but we realize that there are times that we need to ask for prayer. This is one of those times.
Lastly, we have a thousand dollar co-pay on this particular eye surgery due to the new lens they are putting in. If you would like to help us with this unexpected cost we would be very grateful. You can use the links below to give (add a note: EYES).
We pray that this mailing finds you and your loved ones doing well. Please feel free to let us know how we can be praying for you. We will keep you updated regarding these situations.
With Love, Jeffrey & Kathi Pelton
To give a gift of financial support go to: https://www.inscribeministries.com/
Leave a Reply